Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A New Year

So today is my final day of freedom for the symester...

I complained about the grind a few posts back... Actually, this is where it starts...

It should be a lot of fun; Im taking a lot lighter courseload than in previous years, so i'm hoping my GPA will improve significantly.

The guys in dorm are not too bad... I have a few favourites, but I'm not paid enough to be impartial, so I'll hang out with whom ever I choose, at the expense of time with the others...

I took one of the kiddies out to get a piercing today! So we now have a new inductee to the pierced world! I will continue moulding them in my image, and I'll hopefully have plenty of minions to do my bidding by the time the year is over...

Rant of the evening:

I was riding the bus this evening. Now, as those of you who know me, I am not a punk kid (I look the part, but I stray far from the prerequisites of punk kid). Regular biases, nobody usually sits next to me on the bus unless, of course, it's someone I know... This isn't a problem at all, in fact I enjoy the personal space every once in a while...

The bus ended up getting a little bit busy, and an older lady ended up sitting next to me (I slid in so she could have the isle)

A few minutes passed by and it got a little bit busier... An older japanese couple loaded onto the bus...

Let me pause to point out that there were empty seats in the courtesy section of the bus (the front section of the bus designated for elderly and disabled people)...

Anyways, for whatever reason this couple didnt end up sitting down right away, and with the hustle and bustle of people getting on and off the bus, somehow managed to find themselves looking slightly disoriented in he back half of the bus (curtesy seats still available)...

The old lady next to me does the up and down routine towards me, and added a very stern "Well?!"

"Well, what?" I replied (a valid question, I thought)

"Aren't you going to offer one of them your spot?"

"What?"

"I'm not gonna stand in the isle, you need to offer your seat"

Now, I have no problem standing on a bus, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be dictated as to when I must give up my seat, especially when its by someone is to stubburn to give up their own seat...

So I did what came natural...

I picked up my phone, pretended to dial, waited a few seconds and then said "hey MattyK! youll never guess what this old bag is trying to get me to do... Oh hold on, she's getting up... thats a shame"

She moved to the very back of the bus...

And the japanese couple ended up back at the front of the bus sitting in the curtesy seats...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i applaud you.

Alyson Sunny said...

Nice on using MattyK, Next time use me use me!

-J said...

Very Interesting, I know in this case you were all truthful and everything, but it can be really fun if you make up an outragous lie to the older lady,(I'm guessing shes not like 80, I thinking more like 50's - 60's) and then when she asks again yell "SEXUAL HARRASMENT" Sometimes there can be just Jerks(to put it politely) and sometimes (Most of the time) its fun to bug them about it. I say this though experiance ( Well not the sexual harrasment part)

Share said...

HHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!