Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Ramblings

So things are going well...

I'm taking a break from not doing my assignment... Procrastination is a full time job (I'll explain later)

ah ha ha I'm so witty

Nothing of significance has happened since choir tour... Some sleeping, some eating, a trip to the piercing shop...

I didn't get anything done, but I did book my appointment for a consultaion re: the tattoo I'm planning on getting...

It's gonna be hot, and I'll post pictures as soon as I end up getting it... I would post pics now if I could, but it's gonna be a custom piece... So you'll have to wait... Yay waiting!!!

My job is getting more and more fun each passing day. No one is being entirely annoying, which is good... I suppose... A little more stress in my life would be appreciated... Meh...

I'd like to think that I'm making a difference in the lives of many, and perhaps I am. But I feel I'm being far too good on the friend aspect, and not a very good at the role model aspect... I mean, it's not like I do drugs or come home smashed (I have yet to have more than a few drinks on nights out), but I haven't been too good on the christian aspect of things...

I get little to no invites for any of the 'christian' events on campus... well, thats for the ones I would prefer to attend... Usually I get a comment like "how come you weren't there?"

"cuz I didnt know it was happeneing"

"oh... well... hmm..."

And then the events planned by people I can't stand are another thing... Not that he's doing too much this year, as he has a different role... But even his attendence is more than enough to deter me from attending...

So general teen angst time... No one here knows me... This applies to pretty much every aspect of my life... Assides from the fact I like boardgames, architecture, videogames, dark humour, and that i come from a colourful family, with colourful stories, and that I have trouble sleeping (and other things you learn by observing daily life); what can any person tell me?

Not a thing, I would think...

One of the dorm guys came close, when he went on a guessing session trying to figure out what makes me tick... Some of the conclusions he could draw were erie, but eventually led way off track...

Like I said, this is general teen angst stuff... Gotta cling to my youth before it's gone completely... I mean, I'd like to think I'm not a creepy adult yet... But its entirely possible...

Maybe I'm just tired... Who knows, it is quite late...

I dunno...

Oh well.. I suppose I'm done putting things off for now...

Good night

10 comments:

morgan said...

you forgot that we also know that you think you're important...so many keys...

-J said...

What.. there are Christian events on Campus, other then praise night, I didn't think there were any. I think that reatreat this weekend is a christain event, In fact I know it is, its been on the announcement bored in Teglar for the past 3 weeks(Its never been updated)

Anonymous said...

I know you and I know what makes you tick... tick tick tick.

Jenny

Holly said...

I know for a fact that you like Jason Mraz(and that we share a passion for his music!)

neal said...

Okay... so holly knows a music preference...

Alyson Sunny said...

I know you love me! ( at least a little bit!) isnt that enough! Hey I am part of praise bands now.... you have to come and see me. Jen is my leader. I like it!

Anonymous said...

Wow...There are Lutheran students past and present who figured that they weren't invited to activities because they weren't choir members. I wonder what the criteria is to get those invites?

neal said...

Sorry if spending 6 hours a week, every week, plus countless hours on a bus each symester makes choir members friends...

odesa said...

Hey - don't start complaining about choir students. It took me 4 years to be semi comfortable at Concordia's Christian activities and I still get the "OMG I don't know Luther's 95 thesis" feeling.
Neal - your not alone in feeling out of place and judged and well.. unknown. People generally know me as Ukrainian and specifically as not Luthern and not quite Catholic.
I don't think i could list off specific facts about you but i know you have always made me feel welcome and part of the group

A J Craig said...

I know who you are...

Get ready...

Wait for the pat Pastoral answer!

You are God's child!
True, but not the entirety of what I wanted to say. What I see in you is an awareness of growth and change in yourself and the people around you which is huge leg up on this life. A person can only be known as much as they want to be known I guess.

And there is nothing wrong with choir folks being friends... it's good all the weirdos stick together anyway :)