Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Movie Night

We went and saw a movie tonight...

By we, I mean a large number of dormies and Regan... It was totally worth seeing the movie a second time... Both because I got to watch regan jump everytime one of the characters moved and because I got to notice all the little subtle things that i missed the first time I saw it (no spoiler alert, I wont tell you a thing)...

So far so good: I have continued my attendance of every class and or lab i have yet to have. I think this is a record for me... And I am 1 week ahead in my labs! Me.. yes Me!!!!

I think I made a real personal connection with one of the guys today. He talked a lot, and I listened... It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... Like I was doing something right. I don't think he had anything to work through that he divulged to me, but he sure did have a lot to say...

Oh, and I got a note from my boss telling me that I'm doing a great job this year! 3 years and $30k, and I may have finally got my shit sorted out...

I kinda like my job at the moment. Considering how much stress 16 teenagers can put on your life when you have to deal with them all day every day (all those of you thinking I dont know what its like to be a parent: I fullfill most of the prerequisits of parenthood... I wake them up in the morning for classes, I put them to bed each night, I worry about them if their out late on friday and they didnt tell me where I'm going, I scold them when I catch them smoking (which satisfies the do-as-I-say-and-not-as-I-do hypocrasy most parents seem to have nailed down))

Now multiply it by 16, (which is the number of kids I am working with) and you have my situation...

I sound like a stay at home minus the labour pains and the overworked husband that occasionally buys me shiny things...

I need to marry me a rich man...

I dont know that it would solve any of my problems, but who doesnt like shiny things...

Oh!

I talked to my VP internal (identify yourself if you like) and he promised me that my request for red bull to be sold on campus would make it into the minutes for the next student association meeting!

Woot!

I promise to get a copy of the minutes if at all possible, and posta my achievement on here... It shall be my college glory! Bringing red bull to campus!

I will update before then... I dont think the meeting is for a few days...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What movie didja see?

Every time I see the commercials for "The Exorcism Of Emily Rose" I wish you were here cuz everyone's too chicked to see scary movies out here...*sigh*

I hope you succeed in aquiring your Red Bull.

neal said...

I went and saw Emily for the second time...

Are you wearing pink>

Unknown said...

No, I'm not wearing pink, Ive been playing with colours in pics lately, it's a blue shirt, that became pink...so you don't have to shoot me!

Alyson Sunny said...

Red Bull hey? Hmm and our VP internal is helping you get it into school. He must like you. You know whats creapy I got a hug from him today........(I love being friends with the big shots.) Anyway I want to comment. You said in your blog you stay up late friday nights when they dont tell you where YOUR going. Its true you said it. well you said "Where I'm going" but still. Anyway just thought I would point that out, and tell you that you need to party on fridays. Possibly with Red Bull.

Oh Shannon, nice shirt. :)